Be Proactive On System Problems
Are you experiencing an issue with your software? If so, don’t let it fester and create frustration for you or your team.
CCS Retail Systems is here to help, if you do not report your problems, they cannot get fixed.
I recently was speaking to a customer about a slow system, as we were going over some of the basic troubleshooting questions, the customer brought up another issue and was explaining how they were resolving it over the last few days.
If CCS was informed of the issue sooner, it would have been resolved in a matter of minutes. Now I understand, everyone is busy, sometimes calling right away is impossible or impractical, but reporting an issue in a timely matter will make those impossible times far less likely because the issue will be resolved, which will free your time up for more important matters.
When reporting issues, the more detail you can give, the better. Some of the basic information we can use is
- Date and time the issue occurred – This information helps with looking at all the information log files keep and help narrow down issue to a few lines instead of hundreds (or thousands)
- Were there any error or other messages presented to you – Try and get the exact and entire message, using your phones camera or taking a screenshot can be used. This also helps with log files in the same way as the date and time as well as where to look in the software.
- What Screen were you in – Examples would be Ticket Screen or Purchase Request
- What user and workstation received the message. – An example would be John was using the backoffice PC
- Any information that may be helpful – For example there may have been network issue, we had a power outage, Internet was down.
- Do you notice any pattern – An example would be, every time I click on the “Go” button an error comes up.
So, If you cannot call right away, the best thing to do is to jot down the information so when you can call you are ready for the any questions we may ask.
A good example of the above may look like this.
On 9/18/17 at 3:30PM John was receiving a “Not On File” error on the backoffice workstation every time he clicked on the Save button in the Inventory/Items screen. We were having power issues earlier in the day and the Internet went down twice.
With the above information, CCS has a good starting point at where to look to resolve the issue quickly.
You can call CCS directly at 800.672.4806 or email us.