Enhancement Summary 7-08
Passport Software, Inc. is pleased to share these exciting new features and enhancements in PBS™ v. 11.7.
These new enhancements will offer the convenience of automated electronic disbursement and banking procedures with a new level of control and security over payments.
ACH provides the speed and convenience of processing AP disbursements electronically. With Positive Pay only the AP and Payroll payments previously approved and submitted to the bank will be disbursed.
Positive Pay for Accounts Payable and Payroll
Passport Business Solutions Version 11.7 will include file generation utilities to create Positive Pay records for transmission to your client’s bank. Positive Pay is a generic term that describes a bank service that is one of the most effective anti-fraud tools available today for check disbursements. Using check issuance data provided by PBS™, the bank matches all checks being presented for payment against the issuance information.
The issuance information is created whenever a check is generated from PBS™. The utility allows the user to create a file format specific for their bank as there is no universal format for positive pay records.
Users will be able to recreate financials from previous years with access to multiple years of General Journal transactions.
New percentage of completion report
Advanced vacation pay and bonuses will be added to Direct Deposit. The employee number field expanded to six digits. Department-related reports and print runs will be processed more efficiently.
Point of Sale
Users will be able to process Point of Sale credit card transactions with Xcharge.
Contract Pricing will be expanded to five levels to utilize the five-level pricing structures available in Inventory Control Timed Sales – Sales that start and end at specific times will be able to be processed.
A void will be performed as a transaction, creating an audit trail, the inventory will be returned to stock, and the invoice header will be marked as “Void”. Voids will show up as part of the daily register reports.
Users will be able to put a transaction on hold, process another transaction, and then return to complete the original.
Expanded information on PDF Documents
Expanded information on PDF Document look-up and email capability for any PBS-created PDF documents: PDF docs include PBS™ invoices, statements, purchase orders, acknowledgements, pick tickets, various Point of Sale and Manufacturing documents.
- Ability to select a document for viewing, stacking, and emailing. View documents by package, by customer, or by vendor.
- Documents are stacked and viewed/emailed by package, customer/vendor, or date.
- Documents are emailed individually or by group selection.
- A log file is created with information on both printed and emailed documents including reason for sending failure (if any).
- Customer/vendor contact files serve as email address book(s).
- Document recipients are stored in the address book, or an email address may be entered on the fly.
- Multiple CC’s (carbon copy) are permitted.
- Ability to CC self as confirmation.
- Ability to modify the body text of the email on the fly.
- Documents with no associated address book entry are flagged.
- Documents emailed are flagged with date stamp of email.
- Failed email attempts are flagged and logged with the reason for failure.
- Stacked documents are flagged with date of stacking. PBS™ end-user log-in record maintains the sender email address.
- Company control file information stores the mail server name. Works with locally installed email clients currently, not web-based email services, i.e., Yahoo, AOL, and Gmail.