Passport Version 12.06 Update 2
With the release of PBS 12.06, Passport completes a major infrastructure project on field expansions that were begun with the v. 12.05 release. Enhancements for PBS v.12.06 now include:
- Expanded field sizes for both the name and addresses in Customer, Ship-to, and Contact files.
- Field expansions in A/R, O/E, POS and Customer Order Processing in PBS Manufacturing.
- Professional Time & Billing fields expanded.
- PO # expanded to 30 characters to accommodate Amazon and other vendors.
- Approximately 12-14 new Accounts Payable reports have been created
- There are three new SSRS reports that replace CounterPoint version 7.5 related reports that were used with wholesale distributors.
- PBS 12.06 includes a new runtime, version 10.2, so this is not an update-in-place, and requires exporting of existing data, a fresh software install and the use of EZ Convert utility to migrate your existing data to the new format.
Also, Passport 12.06 SQL installation has some significant software and configuration prerequisites detailed as follows.
- Currently, for server environments, MS Server 2008 and MS Server 2012 are supported server operating systems.
- MS SQL Server 2014 with MS SQL Reporting Services is recommended for Passport 12.06, MS SQL Server 2008 and or MS SQL Server 2012 with Advanced Tools are supported, however, MS SQL Report Service must also be installed prior to installing Passport 12.06.
- Like Passport 12.05, the CashPoint interface for Passport 12.06 is NOT compatible with NCR Counterpoint version prior to version 8.5, so your NCR Counterpoint software may need to be upgraded as well
Please consult the CCS Support department if you have any questions on the above release.