Passport Version 12.03 Enhancements – Part 1
Here is a summary just some of the new Passport 12.03 features.
System Wide Enhancements:
"MySet" is a new system-wide tool that provides the following features"
- Each PBS user may create default filed settings for any Graphical Mode report on a company by company basis.
- Each PBS user may set their default sorting option for any list boxes used graphical mode and the graphical look-ups accessible in character mode.
- A PBS Administrative user may designate any graphical mode screen as view-only, by company for any general user.
Windows 8, Windows Server, and MSSQL Server 2012 Support.
An update run-time is part of the PBS version 12.03 install that provides support for windows 8, Windows Server 2012, and MSSQL Server 2012.
Expanded Print Reports from Disk number field.
To allow for more reports printed to disk, the "Print Reports from disk" number has been expanded from 4 digits to 7 digits ( 9,9999 to 9,999,999 ). This affects any posting or regular reports generated on the system.
Pre-existing report numbers are not affected by this update.
When modifying a bank routing number associated with the bank account is done, a new warning message is displayed. If the change being made is confirmed, all of the existing Employee and/or Vendor Bank Accounts with that number are automatically updated.
Many new graphical mode screens have been added to Accounts Receivable Check Reconciliation and General Ledger.
When using character mode screens, the graphical look-ups developed in PBS 12.00, are now accessible. They have easy click sorting and when appropriate, a "More info" button allows access to all the record data.
For existing PBS SQL users, when upgrading from 12.02 to 12.03, a new upgrade in place conversion is now provided.
Check Reconciliation Enhancements
PBS Version 12.03 gives you the option to automatically get deposits, checks and ACH payments to the Check Reconciliation checkbook, when posting in the Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, and Payroll modules.
- Accounts Payable now gives you the option to automatically post checks, direct deposit payments and voids to the Check Reconciliation checkbook.
- Accounts Receivable gives you the option to automatically post deposits and returned checks to the Check Reconciliation checkbook.
- Payroll gives you the option to automatically post PBS Payroll checks and void checks to the Check Reconciliation checkbook. A transaction type of "transfer" has been added to Checkbook entries. It designates a transfer of funds between checking accounts and updates General Ledger accounts accordingly.
General Ledger has a new utility that allows you to adjust your non-calendar fiscal year to a calendar fiscal year. As part of the process, the utility backs up your older general ledger data to another company.
If you would like more information on this update, please contact the CCS Retail Systems Support Department.