Follow These Tips To Increase Your Email Marketing Success
Long and Boring Subject Line
~ Be short and concise (maximum length of 45 characters including spaces)
~ Ask yourself:
– Does the subject line create urgency?
– Does it correctly explain what’s in the email?
– Does it tell the customer what’s in it for them?
~ Set expectations in the subject line and fulfill them in the body to increase click rates.
Unrecognizable From Address
~ Consumers look at the From line when deciding whether or not to open an email.
– Identify yourself and your business in a way your customers will recognize.
– Use a name (email@example.com – not firstname.lastname@example.org)
Too Much Information
~ Make the body short and concise (this is an attention grabber – not a thesis).
~ Keep important information at the top of the email.
– Can the customer get all the information needed from the first section of the email?
– Remember the purpose in sending this email.
Not Optimizing for Mobile
~ People are relying on mobile devices to view email more and more. Optimize it for mobile.
– Shorter content.
– Earlier call to action.
– Include full URLs in plain text.
– Include your phone number and address at the top of the page.
"Click Here" links
~ Use words as links instead of "Click Here" text.
– Register now to earn….
– Shop now to save on….
– Get 3 additional….
~ Links should be above the fold, meaning they should be visible without scrolling.