RSS (Really Simple Syndication) Support
CCS Retail Systems maintains several Employee Blogs that have direct and FeedBurner RSS feed links . This provides a convenient way for you to let your browser or news reader keep track of new articles for you. You subscribe to the feed on the website with your browser, and then the browser or reader requests updates from the feed when it is started and periodically there after. You can set the frequency of the updates on a per feed basis with your browser.
NOTE: Newsfeeds are intended for Blog syndication primarily. We only offer news feeds on our Blogs and Home page to reduce the complexity of our system. Our Home page is really a Blog format. On other pages IE 8 or 9 users can look for the Webslices Green Icon in their Browser Toolbar.
With newsfeeds you can optionally view the changes to the pages you subscribe to without visiting the site, or use the RSS updates as triggers when to revisit the site with the URLs they include. In Internet Explorer 8 and up you can use the Web Slices feature to alert you of changes also. See our Web Slices article in this Blog
Subscribing To News Feeds
If you are not familiar with RSS, it is a Service that Websites like CCS Retail Systems can provide for its visitors to get an automatic digest style of article summaries for a Web page or Blog. The webmaster can subscribe to an aggregation service like Google FeedBurner to enhance this service. The aggregator forwards a summary of available documents to your browser for the feeds you subscribe to on the website.
At CCS we use the ATOM 1.0 feed format and the RSS 2.0 format. We recommend ATOM, it gives you more flexibility and features for the content. Our aggregator is Google FeedBurner, it supports both formats. For more details visit Wikipedia.
Here are the steps for you to perform to setup the CCS FeedBurner newsfeeds in your Browser. The procedure to use your News Reader is analogous but a bit shorter. If you do not wish to use the advanced features of FeedBurner, you can use your Browser Toolbar Orange Icon to register the newsfeed directly and ignore the following section.
- Browse to the CCS Retail website page you want to monitor with an RSS feed.
- Find the orange RSS subscribe to FeedBurner Icon on the page. This is usually at the top right on the page.
- Click the Icon to start the feed subscription process.
- For CCS Retail compatibility with FeedBurner, next select the View Feed XML option at the bottom of the "Subscribe Now box" on the top right. DO NOT click the article links yet. FeedBurner does not recognize them yet.
- The page now shown has active links in a digest format that permit viewing the articles To add this feed to your browser, click the Subscribe to this feed link near the top of the page.
- A pop-up window appears that allows accepting the subscription.
- To configure the feed link further right click it in your left column feed list and use the properties link.
If you need further help contact our support group.
If there are other pages you would like added to FeedBurner conact us here.