Bob Negen of WhizBang Training reports that using specific numbers in your headlines, titles, bullet points, or subject lines when writing copy for advertising will improve response rates considerably. Instead of spelling out the word, use the number to grab attention. Here are some examples to get you started:
- 15 Ways to Cut Costs
- 5 Ways to Develop a Superstar Staff
- Top 12 Tips for Building Your Business
- 4 Tips for Writing Effective Blogs
In a retail store setting, these examples might be used by a bike shop:
- 6 Safety Checks to Make Before Your Next Ride
- Prices Slashed on 300 Bikes This Weekend!
- 7 Reason Why You Should Wear a Helmet
- The 5 Best Bike Trails for Beginners
- 2 Tricks for Increasing Your Speed
Why do numbers work so well? Maybe it’s just curiosity. If it works, it really doesn’t matter why it works! Just try it and watch for increased response.
CCS can provide you with many tips to help you get the most from your CounterPoint Software System. Call us soon at 800-672-4806 or email us.