This is part 3 of a 3 part series on how to boost sales with more ideas for you to review and implement. I know I’m repeating myself here, but it is always important to give yourself as much of an advantage as possible over your competitors. For some shoppers, price is the only factor they consider, but many customers will appreciate the service, attention to detail, and quality goods you offer.
Today, I’m listing a third set of ideas to help boost sales.
1. USE BAG STUFFERS. Stuff bags with a schedule of events, a coupon good for a following visit or an invitation to an open house. Use an open house to start a new season off with a bang. Maybe give a discount on different items every hour or two (Think Amazon and their Deals of the Day). Whatever you decide on, make sure your Company name, address, website, and phone number are featured prominently.
2. COLLECT NAMES AND ADDRESSES – STREET AND/OR EMAIL. Knowing who your customers are allows you to contact them during the rest of the year. It doesn’t always have to be a sale. Offer a class or tell them about something you’ve done to enhance their experience when they visitor. Just send a "we’re thinking of you" note during a holiday. (Of course it never hurts to mention something special they may want)
3. DECORATE YOUR STORE. It can be as simple as a display of seasonal merchandise at the front of the store – Flags and bunting mid-summer – Scarecrow in the fall. The point is to make your store a place people will remember and will want to come back.
4. REPEAT CUSTOMERS. Make your regular customers feel special because they are! Don’t let them get lost in the crowd.
5. WEAR GOOD SHOES. Enough said.
6. EAT WELL – DRINK LOTS OF WATER – GET AS MUCH SLEEP AS YOU CAN. The more you can implement these habits, the sharper and more "on top of things" you’ll be. This will go a long way to ensure your success.
MOST IMPORTANT OF ALL – SMILE