Am I really ready to open my new store?
When planning to open a new store as of a specific deadline, you need to make sure that following critical questions are fully addressed before trying to “Go Live”:
1. Do I have the proper infrastructure in place that will support physically installing the Server, and Register hardware?
- This could include issues such as:
- Proper power configuration/protection – Will the Computer(s) be on a dedicated circuit? Do I have enough outlets? Are they 3-prong, grounded outlets?
- Network connections – Do I have a proper network cables?
- Is my Internet access confirmed to be installed and functional?
- Do I have a diagram, or personal knowledge, of where all the connections and outlets are? Hunting for them can be very tedious or even unsuccessful.
2. Do I have adequate physical space for my back office server, report printer and registers along with their associated peripherals?
- This could include such things as:
- Physical counter space.
- Space for modems and routers.
- Space for my UPS.
- Adequate number, size, and location of holes drilled in the counters for my equipment cables. Testing this before-hand is important.
3. Have I completed my Credit Card Configuration Requirements?
This would include:
- Completing the sign-up for Credit Card Merchant Account, and forwarding this information to CCS.
- Signing-up for the CPGateway Service, and forwarding this information to CCS.
- Making sure that the above configuration is in the CounterPoint software.
- Obtaining a phone number for getting manual Credit Card authorizations, should this be necessary.
- Trying some test transactions with a notebook or manual device before-hand is a good idea..
4. Software Set-up.
Do I have all of the following defined?
- CP Menus.
- CP Security Menus and POS Security Menus.
- CP Users and passwords assigned.
- Locations and Inventory Status records.
- Stores, Registers, Drawers.
- User Drawer assignments for the location.
- Touchscreen configuration.
- Offline Ticket Entry configuration.
- EOD Posting and Backup configuration.
- Has CCS reviewed all of the above for accuracy?
5. Has my staff received training that is adequate enough to allow for a smooth store opening?
6. Do I have adequate supplies for my store opening?
This might include such items as:
- Register printer tape.
- Gift boxes
- Gift Cards
- Report printer paper.for Receipting and Back-office devices.
- Manual Receipt Books (Backup for manual sales).
- Credit Charge Card Drafts (Backup for manual sales).
If all of the above items have not been addressed completely before your go live date, please contact the CCS Support Department.