Change is an inevitable process in the lives of people and in the operation of a business. When change is necessary and prudent, however, many people are reluctant to accept this. According to the Office of Human Resources at the University of Notre Dame, some of the following reasons may cause people to resist change.
- Habit – Fear of changing the routines in their lives.
- Uncertainty – Fear of the unknown, which invites visions of catastrophe.
- Misunderstanding – Poor understanding of change because of poor
communication about the reason for the change.
- Peer Pressure – Fear of disruption of comfortable working relationships.
- Too Little Time to Adapt – Insufficient time to adjust to change.
Change often begins after a crisis occurs, or when people become excited about something new. If, for example, you are constantly having inventory problems with the use of your old software and it is causing you to lose sales, an interest in new software starts to emerge. Once the information about the capabilities of the new software is relayed to you and your employees, excitement starts to build.
The challenge, then, is to overcome the stumbling blocks if a change is needed in your organization. How does this happen? We can provide you with the information, training and implementation of a new CounterPoint POS software system that will make a needed change exciting and beneficial for you and your employees. We have the expertise to help alleviate any fears you may have by providing you with the tools needed to make a successful transition. Call us today at (425) 672-4806 or email us for further information.