25 Things You Didn’t Know CounterPoint V7 Can Do!
- Defining Quantity/Cost breaks for Vendor Items (Version 7.5.16) This feature lets you define up to 4 quantity/cost break levels per vendor item record. Go to Inventory/Vendor/Vendor Items and select the Current Cost field. You will see a button at the bottom F8=Qty Cost Breaks, and you can define the levels here. These cost breaks are used when you enter a purchase order.
- Displaying customer’s email address in Ticket Entry (Version 7.5.16) You can now configure CounterPoint to display a customers email address in Ticket Entry. Go to Setup/Point of Sale/Stores Config Options and on the Ticket Entry Options screen, select field 12 and answer “Y”. Now, when you’re in Ticket Entry and enter a customer with a valid email address on file, it shows up!
- Re-sort Purchase Orders or Receivers (Version 7.5.4). You can re-sort the line items on a purchase order prior to posting. Select F8 while entering items in Purchase Requests and choose to sort lines by Item Number, description, Vendor Item Number, or Bin Location. The line items will print in this sequence on the purchase order form if your form is defined to print in "as entered" order. If someone forgets to sort before posting you can sort re-sort in Receiving by going to the line items screen and selecting F7 to change mode and then F8 to sort using the same selections available in Purchase Requests. (also new 7.5.8 feature to view purchase order totals is available when you press F8 while entering lines on a PO)
- Requiring color/size entry for gridded item adjustments (Version 7.5.16) In this version, you can disable the F1=Skip option for the Colr/Size field in Inventory > Adjustments > Enter by selecting No from the Allow adjustment grid skip ? field on the Apparel screen of Setup / Inventory / Control. This setting requires users to provide the color/size for each gridded item as they enter an adjustment.
- Remembering item lookup parameters (Version 7.5.7) This feature simplifies the process of looking up items by allowing you to quickly return to a particular list of items, without requiring you to reenter lookup parameters each time you perform a lookup. In Setup / Inventory / Control there is a new setting that allows the Lookup items window to "remember" the last set of lookup parameters that were used from within a particular menu selection. If this setting is enabled, when you perform multiple F9 item lookups from a particular menu selection, each lookup after the first will automatically use the same parameters—including the lookup method, filter criteria, and so forth—as the previous lookup.
- You can set a contract price to be a mark up on cost! CounterPoint allows you to enter a price code to set the rules for a contract price. You do this by going to Inventory / Prices / Contract Price, and when you get to the price field (field 8), you are prompted F2=Enter Price Code. You need to define a price code that is a mark up on cost prior to entering the contract price.
- Find an item without starting a ticket – From the customer number field in regular ticket entry, you can hit Alt-Z to zoom or find an item and then escape out.
- Need to type over existing data in CounterPoint? Instead of deleting what is already there, right click on your mouse while in CounterPoint and click on “Select Text For Editing”. Now when you choose a field in CounterPoint to edit your typing erases the data that was showing.
- Copying quotes (Version 7.5.15) You can copy quotes in the same manner in which you can copy-release orders. This feature allows you to create a “standing quote” that you can re-use for different customers or a “quote template” that you can recall and modify as needed. To use this feature, you must first select Yes from the new Allow copy quote ? field in Setup / Point of Sale / Control. With this setting enabled, whenever you select a saved quote from Ticket Entry, you can choose to Copy release the quote, which releases the quote to a ticket and retains a copy of the quote on file for future use. NOTE: You cannot copy a quote that includes one or more Always serialized items.
- Group Item Changes (Version 7.5.4) Use Inventory / Utilities / Group item changes to “mass change” item information. You can specify which items to change and which fields to update. For example, you could say “change all items for vendor ABC and subcategory XYZ to have category DEF and tax code BCD.” Previously, to do this in a mass way, you had to have the Data Interchange Option.
- Filtered Item Lookups can be used in F9 Item Lookups and allow you to view only those items that match the specified vendor, category, subcategory, or user-defined attributes. This function can be used in combination with existing lookup methods (such as keyword lookup) to provide more powerful lookup capabilities.
- Use the Vendor’s Item Number at Item Number throughout CounterPoint. You must enable the Vendor Product # keyword method in the Inventory Control file and build your keywords. Once that is done, you can look up inventory by using the Vendor’s Item Number in most places you would look up an item number in CounterPoint.
- You can display item and customer images! This feature allows you to store a picture of an item or customer and then display it at various places in CounterPoint. To do this, simply name your image file the same name as the item or customer it represents and place it in the appropriate directory. For example, if you want to store the image for your item ABC and the image is a JPG file, you would name it ABC.jpg and place it in the correct directory. That image is now on file!
- You can select to put a “card on file” on orders in Point of Sale. After entering the ordered lines on a ticket and totaling, choose a credit card pay code. At the amount, don’t enter any dollars but press F1 instead to enter the card information and put the “card on file” with the order. Nothing is charged to the credit card at that time. When you access the order to take another deposit or release it to a ticket, the credit card information stays with it and displays as the default payment. You can use the batch release order function by pressing F5 at order number and release a lot of orders at once, and those with credit cards on file will get processed, and the “card on file” will be charged.
- Return inventory at point of sale and choose whether or not to bring the item back in to your inventory quantities. (Version 7.5.7) First turn on Reason Codes in Setup / Point of Sale / Stores / Configuration Options screen 4. Then set up Reason Codes (Setup / Point of Sale / Reason Codes). If you select the Reason Type as Return, you get a new question, Return Method. If you select the Scrap as your Return Method, you can assign a G/L Scrap account number. When an item is returned and you use that reason code, it will not return it to inventory, but will send the cost amount to the scrap account selected.
- Generate customer email lists (Version 7.5.7) Go to Customers / Utilities / Generate Email and select which customers based on customer sales volumes, profile fields, loyalty points or sales history. This utility creates a file that can be copied and pasted in to your email software.
- Use Standard Cost without the Cost Pack Option – Go to Setup / Inventory / Control and for question 3 “Allow Standard Cost Entry” say Yes. Now you can set a standard cost in the item record as a protected change (press F2). Once this is defined, you can use this cost when calculating prices based on a mark-up and also when calculating commissions.
- Minimum credit card charge (Version 7.5.15) You can use the Minimum credit card charge field in Setup / Point of Sale / Stores / Configuration options to specify the minimum sale amount for which you will accept a credit card. When you select a Credit card pay code in Ticket Entry, if the sale amount is less than the Minimum credit card charge amount specified for your store, CounterPoint displays an error message and requires you to select another pay code.
- Merge multiple store credits when the customer is checking out. If the customer has multiple store credits, when you total the ticket, select your payment code for store credit. You will see a prompt F2=multiple store credits. If you press F2, you will be able to see all the store credits a customer has and select one or all of them to apply to the current ticket.
- Setting a minimum price for items to include in Physical Count (Version 7.5.15) You can specify a minimum price for the items that will be included when you create physical count transactions using Inventory / Physical count / Create. This feature allows you to easily exclude low-cost items that you don’t typically count from the physical count process.
- You can set up a register in point of sale to be Layaway or Order specific. You do this by going to Setup / Point of Sale / Registers and choosing option 9.
- Set up a test company to train new employees or to try new features! You can set up a new company by going to File Utilities / Special / System / Create New Company. You can copy over “starter data” so you have a starting point.
- You can set a configuration option to override price by profit percent! Go to Setup / Point of Sale / Stores / Configuration Options and go to Ticket Entry Options Screen 3, field 7. Say Y and select if you want to calculate the mark up on the average cost or the last cost.
- Entering Serial Numbers as Item Numbers (Version 7.5.14) You can scan or type in a serial number instead of an item number in point of sale and we’ll find that item and serial number.
- View In-Stock Items (Version 7.5.5) – While using the F9 item lookup, you can now press F1 to see only in-stock items. In Version 7.5.6 we added the ability to make this the lookup default. You select that default in Setup / Inventory / Control on the Keywords/Lookup screen, field 5. An item is considered to be "in-stock" if the Quantity Available is greater than zero.
Contact your CCS Sales Consultant Today to Discuss these Great Features.