Preparing for the Holidays
The weather is turning colder, the clock has returned to Standard Time, and the holiday season looms before us. Already I am seeing candy canes on display in supermarkets! This makes me wonder if you are doing the necessary preparations in your business to make sure this holiday season is well-organized and profitable.
What can you be doing right now to get ready? Here are a few suggestions to get you started:
- Make sure your inventory is stocked sufficiently and numbers are accurate. Eliminate errors now that could cost you sales later!
- See those products on display are all labeled. Customers find it annoying when prices aren’t readily available.
- Add needed information on your receipts, like return policy.
- Clean up the store and arrange displays for best customer visibility. Polish that glass front door.
- Make sure you have on hand sufficient gift cards; these are always a favorite for holiday gift-giving!
- Update/prepare to use your customer information to send flyers and emails to advertise holiday sales.
- Install newer, faster hardware, like printers or scanners. Waiting until the last minute to take care of your business “tools” could become a real hassle once the season begins.
- Make sure that your security system is up to date. Remember, this is prime time for unscrupulous scamming.
- Arrange for new employees’ training now to avoid problems later.
- Consistently back up all of your files in case of the unexpected, like power outages from winter storms, or malicious ransomware attacks.
We can help you with many of these preparations, (but we don’t do windows!). All it takes is a quick call to 485-672-4806, or you can email us. We’re here to help you have a great holiday season!