Holiday Sales Strategies
The holiday season, for most retailers, is “make-or break” time. This is especially true when the economy is floundering and consumers are tightening their belts to keep from financial disaster! So what plan of action can be used by retailers to make sure that they receive their fair share of the nearly $877 billion in sales expected this year from holiday spending?
According to Michael Koploy, ERP Analyst for Software Advice, there are five strategies to increase traffic, revenue and conversions this holiday season.
1. Use social media, like Facebook, to gain followers and instill urgency.
2. Partner with mobile shopping app vendors to build loyalty.
3. Present easy in-store item pickup options.
4. Extend return policies to encourage gift purchases.
5. Offer reduced or free shipping to entice online purchasing.
The list is not complete, of course, but implementing these ideas will drive more traffic, reduce customers’ resistance to purchase, and encourage spending, including impulse buying.
Making sure that your software features, like CounterPoint’s CustomerConnect and CPOnline, are being fully utilized is another important part of the equation. We’re here to answer any questions you may have. Give us a call at 800-672-4806 or email us.