Last year was a difficult one for growth in businesses. Can we expect improvement in the years ahead? In an article for Retail Customer Experience.com, James Bickers wrote about a speech given by Sir Terry Leahy, Tesco CEO, for the National Retail Federation. Sir Leahy presented six drivers for growth for the upcoming years. They are:
- Trust – In judging the organization, consumers will be asking, "What has this organization done for me?
- Information – In today’s world, there’s no place to hide. People know more about businesses than ever before. Transparency as an organization is critical.
- Health – People instinctively want to look good and live forever.
- Convenience – A big development of shopping on mobile phones is a trend to expect.
- Simplicity – Making satisfying decisions has become increasingly difficult. People want problems solved, not necessarily more products in their lives.
- Climate Change – Developed countries will be living on eighty percent less carbon. The shifting of the whole basis of consumption to non-carbon won’t lessen consumption, but will make it different.
At CCS, we keep abreast of current trends and help you take advantage of functions in your CounterPoint POS System that will keep you in step with the times. How can we help you with your company’s growth? We have answers to your questions! Call us at 800-672-4806 or email us.